Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Being Tranquil with Toba


I know most of you will probably say "piping? tranquil? not possible!" But it really is and was!!!

We were so honoured to have hosted master chef instructor Toba Garrett for 2 full days of advanced piping techniques. Toba is so down to earth and made everyone feel very relaxed - it was one of the most calming and zen like classes I've ever had! Soft music was playing while students patiently piped away.

Our days were split between the Lambeth Ring Design in the morning and Australian Stringwork in the afternoon. After the rather hectic week I had just had, I needed a break and this class was it! It's sad to say, but I feel like piping is a dying art these days and it's truly a shame. It was such a pleasure to see students come out to learn this fine art and to appreciate the skill involved. I hope now we will see a come back to piping!


No comments: